Within the Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program (PRP), we work one-on-one with youth, adults, and families to:
- Assess the rehabilitation needs of the individual
- Define measurable rehabilitation goals, and
- Provide guidance and assistance in achieving the defined goals
A licensed clinician administers an assessment and works with the client (and their legal guardian, when appropriate) to identify specific, measurable, and achievable goals that help a client move towards recovery. In the case of minors, the goals identified are appropriate for the client’s age.
These identified rehabilitation goals help the client make better decisions in different areas of their life such as: home, school, work, and community.
Some of the areas that PRP can be useful include:
- Self-care skills
- Social, peer, family interaction skills
- Behavioral impairment
- Housing and independent living
- Mobility and transportation
- Managing medication
- Education, academic achievement and training
- Utilizing support systems
- Accessing community resources